Simple. Embeddable. VNFM
Accelerate VNF cloud native transformation while focusing on core business areas with Cloudify. Say goodbye to costly VNF management and time consuming in-house development.Request a Demo
Cloud-Ready VNF Management Lab
Test Drive the Lab with a Walkthrough Tutorial
Orchestration First - How Does It Work?
Package VNF into a virtual appliance/container
Wrap VNF in a generic TOSCA template
Configure devices using a simple plugin
Compose a service function chain via intent-based orchestration
Cloud Native VNF Onboarding
Embed Cloudify as your VNFM and quickly solve management and orchestration issues. Cloudify is inherently built for integration, OEM, and interoperability, enabling organizations to build best-of-breed NFV stacks.Request a Demo
Fast Forward Your NFV TransformationDownload Now
Your Cloud-Ready VNF Checklist
Configuration Automation (YANG/NetConf)
Day-2 Operations, Scale & Heal
TOSCA & ONAP Compatible
Security & Multi-Tenancy
Learn More About Best In Class Orchestration
From our blog
If I use Cloudify as an embedded VNFM, does that exclude me from using other NFV-Os (such as Netcracker, Amdocs, Ericsson, et al)?
No. Using Cloudify as an embedded VNFM actually simplifies the integration with other NFV-Os as it removes all the complexity of managing the internals of the VNF from the external interface. Cloudify as an embedded VNFM integrates with other NFV-O vendors, where Cloudify as the VNFM, is completely abstracted from the NFV-O layer, so VNFs that use Cloudify as the embedded VNFM can easily integrate with an external NFV-O.
Why is Cloudify considered a VNFM as opposed to other NFV orchestrators?
Cloudify is one of the only orchestrators in the market designed to support true embeddability (OEM) into other products because it is:
- Lightweight – Cloudify can be packaged into a single container or VM.
- Open Source – Cloudify was born an open source product which provides a high degree of control and flexibility to embed and customize Cloudify as part of the VNF management package.
- White labeling – Cloudify can be easily white labeled through the UI and the rest of its components.
- Proven references – Many VNF vendors already integrate with Cloudify as an embedded VNFM, as well as Cloudify having built an ecosystem of interoperability of VNFs that are supported by Cloudify.
- Open Standard – Cloudify is the leading implementation of TOSCA orchestration. Cloudify is also integrated within ONAP. This enables VNF vendors to achieve immediate compatibility with these standards by embedding Cloudify.
- Specific business model targeted at VNF vendors. (See below)
What is the business model?
Cloudify offers a flexible pricing structure targeted to fit the business model of the VNF vendor. Cloudify understands the VNF vendor risks through the different stages of the cloud native transformation process, and has made the business model flexible to fit these stages.
- Early exploration and development stage: This stage usually starts with evaluation and exploration. In this stage, the VNF vendor does not have clear visibility regarding their own market potential, and therefore is not yet ready to make a long-term commitment, and is mostly interested in the acceleration of its own learning and development process. In this case, Cloudify offers a packages that is targeted at accelerating this process and doesn’t include any runtime components.
- Production: This is where the VNF vendor is engaged with customers and needs to provide carrier-grade support as well as enhanced features such as security, high availability alongside other services. The business model in this case will be based on a base package and a derivative component that is aligned with the pricing model of the VNF itself.
- Expansion to support third-party VNFs: In many cases the VNF vendor is asked to provide a solution that integrates with other third-party VNFs as part of their own management solution, and Cloudify is able to manage these VNFs as well, as part of the end-to-end VNF lifecycle management.
Can I use Cloudify if I use another VNFM (internal or third-party)?
Yes. Cloudify can be used as a VNFM or as a global Service Orchestrator.
In this context, Cloudify acts as a service orchestrator that manages the end-to-end service and chaining, and is able to call the third-party VNFM as the endpoint for the service automation.
Can I use Cloudify to manage a third-party VNF?
Yes. The transition to Cloud Native VNF is often a transition from a network function that addresses a specific network operation (Firewall, Router, DPI…) to a network service (security service, SD-WAN, vCPE…) which is often built as a bundle of multiple network functions aimed to address the end-to-end service functionality and curve out the complexity involved with the integration of those bundles. Cloudify was built as a generic orchestrator and already supports a wide range of VNFs. It is therefore quite common to use Cloudify to integrate the core VNFs with other third-party VNFs as part of an end-to-end service bundle.