- Agents Improvements – new commands for listing agents are now available, simplifying tracking agents and their status including filtering options during installation.
- Snapshots Improvements – snapshots are used to backup Cloudify’s state for upgrade and DR purposes. The process, including restoration from snapshot, has been improved and is now more robust, performant, and includes more options (such as queuing and skipping some failures)
- Microservices Architecture – as part of Cloudify’s progression towards a micro services architecture an external DB is enabled. This setup is currently only supported for a single manager, and will be enhanced to support a cluster in the next release.
- Actionable Events – pluggable framework enabling taking actions upon Cloudify events, with an OOTB implementation of SNMP traps for workflow related events
- Deployment Wizard – UI guidance for blueprint deployment, enabling users to get to a running deployment quickly and efficiently
- Multi management network post-bootstrap configuration – Added ability to add new environments on the fly via manager networks configuration.
- K8S integration – enhanced support for bare metal and a variety of network implementations
- Openstack networking enhancements
- Azure support improvements
Features and Improvements
Cloudify 4.5 features tasks & general improvements:
CY-577 – Agents list and filtering
CY-542 – Add the ability to send SNMP trap whenever a workflow starts or ends
CY-541 – Create a hook mechanism so that an event will trigger an action
Multiple management networks configuration
CY-509 – Add multiple management networks on running Manger
CY-551 – Make `cfy_manager add-networks` work in HA cluster (Premium only)
CY-583 – Enable taking snapshots in maintenance mode
CY-538 – Snapshots process improvement
Technology & architecture
CY-471 – Upgrade flask framework
CY-405 – Replace Logstash with a pika/psycopg2-based implementation
CY-534 – Support external postgres DB
CY-602 – Display external db status in cfy status
CY-523 – Create widget with buttons starting Deployment Wizard
CY-522 – Create Install Wizard for any blueprint
CY-521 – Create Install Wizard for Hello World blueprints
- Kubernetes Blueprint: Support Bare Metal and Libvirt.
- Kubernetes Blueprint: Support Weave/Flannel/Calico/etc as network cni plugin module.
- Openstack: Static Routes
- Openstack: Add properties for assign IPv4 and IPv6 Addresses to Servers.
- Openstack: Verify that servers are deleted when created with “force” creation.
- Openstack: RBAC policies
- Openstack: New flavor features.
- Openstack: Support Backup/Restore.
- Openstack: Add User type. Adding Users to projects and quotas.
- Openstack: Support flavor type.
- Openstack: Support Host Aggregate type.
- Azure: Support Azure Stack
- Azure: Support Thumbprint-based auth.
- Azure: Web Apps and Container Services.
- Azure: Support updating NICs.
- Azure: Support “existing” ARM template ‘deployment’ type.
- Azure: Support installing Agent using User Data.
- AWSSDK: Support Installing Agents on Windows with Password.
- AWSSDK: Support using upload object to S3 for use with Swift.
- AWSSDK: Improve Error Handling on all resource’s create operation.
- AWSSDK: Improve ELB Association with Instances.
- AWSSDK: Add properties for assign IPv4 and IPv6 Addresses to Instances.
- AWSSDK: Support modify vpc/subnet attribute operation.
Deployment Proxy Improvements
- Deployment Proxy: Support Pagination for Managers with lots of deployments and executions.
- Deployment Proxy: Support long-running executions.
- Deployment Proxy: Ignore proxy-deployment errors on uninstall unless otherwise specified.
- Deployment Proxy: Support inherited types.
- Deployment Proxy: Support specifying Plugins and Secrets requirements as part of the Deployment Proxy definition.
CY-594 – Make the node instance ID accessible via DSL
CY-595 – Enable setting kerberos env in mgmtworker
CY-590 – Enable setting kerberos env in local profile
CY-168 – JSON output in the CLI
CY-607 – add timeout to ldap connections (Premium only)
CY-599 – Use agents from other deployments (“proxy”)
CY-651 – Add missing indexes to logs and events tables
CY-571 – max_results for REST Service should be customizable
CY-531 – Nginx support only strong ciphers
CY-528 – RabbitMQ supports only strong ciphers
Execution Plugin: package your own executions in a deployment.
Scalelist: Scale up and Scale Down workflows for runtime scaling groups.
Terminal Plugin: Close connections.
Issues from previous releases that are resolved in Cloudify 4.5:
CY-537 – Private IP validation fails for hostnames
CY-506 – “cfy profiles set” during installation, should not skip validations
CY-504 – “cfy_manager remove” will fail if installation was incomplete
CY-499 – Uninstalling cloudify manager leaves socat package behind
CY-467 – Script plugin may fail an operation if proxy closure fails
CY-460 – “get_attribute” to multi-instance node template returns HTTP 500
CY-458 – Existence of /var/pgdata.tmp directory prevents in place upgrade
CY-320 – The widgets folder on the manager is approachable by users
CY-570 – Multiple location headers cause issues
CY-569 – need to remove broker_pass from provider_context
CY-568 – Move RabbitMQ’s PID reference from /var/run to /run
CY-567 – Move cloudify-restservice’s tmpfile into systemd unit file
CY-544 – ctx download-resource doesn’t work for images
CY-503 – Cloudify should not store any file at /tmp
CY-480 – Python Traceback error injected into executions list
CY-477 – Provide sensible nginx definitions for high load
CY-182 – Admin’s password is echoed to world-readable /var/log/cloudify/manager/cfy_manager.log
CY-601 – ldap authetication may fail if some of the user data is missing (Premium only)
CY-627 – Log messages not correct in stage backend
CY-624 – Restoring snapshot with two secrets with the same key in different tenants overwrite one of them (Premium only)