How do you manage your Kubernetes? Whatever your answer, there’s a better way.
We’re all well aware that Kubernetes is designed for container scheduling, management, and orchestration, but what if you want to build a hybrid application which will run in a multi-cloud environment? Need more than one Kubernetes cluster? How do you simplify instantiation and lifecycle management? Be stumped no more.
For these use cases, proper orchestration is needed – enter Cloudify. Cloudify provides infrastructure management capabilities such as instantiation, auto-healing, and auto-scaling. From a lifecycle management perspective, Kubernetes is just another ‘infrastructure’ that Cloudify is able to orchestrate – just like AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, OpenStack or VMWare. Cloudify ensures your cloud-native applications can be deployed, healed, scaled, and managed on multiple clouds as well as non-containerized environments simultaneously.
Using Cloudify for Kubernetes, users can create and delete resources hosted by a Kubernetes cluster, can add new nodes to a cluster, orchestrate hybrid cloud scenarios with regular services and microservices in a single deployment, associate pods with particular nodes in your cluster, and more. Users can leverage Cloudify as the infrastructure manager for K8s, granting the ability to scale and autoscale nodes natively, configure networking and load balancing, have storage and compute customization, with native multi-cloud support. The plugin also enables auto-scaling of nodes, Kubernetes management of infrastructure lifecycle, and an open infrastructure with native Kubernetes interface. Access a visual chart here.
In a nutshell, using the Cloudify’s Kubernetes plugin will:
- Grant extended support for all Kubernetes platforms – including multiple authentication methods, resource state management, and dynamic API binding for all Kubernetes resources.
- Deliver built in support for all major Kubernetes cluster infrastructure setup: OpenShift, KubeSpray, GKE, EKS and AKS- on private and public clouds.
- Automate service deployment across multiple Kubernetes clusters and clouds. Deploy Kubespray clusters in any IaaS/ on bare metal, deploy OpenShift on AWS, access full automation of GKE, EKS and ASK instantiations.
- Provide service & workflow monitoring for advanced Kubernetes Management UI. Automate deployment ,configuration and management tasks using rich workflow visualization.
- Bring home CI/CD Integration via a built-in Jenkins plugin that automates deployments across development, production, clusters/ namespaces under one common CICD pipeline.
- Deliver ONE Automation Platform, giving users interoperability between Kubernetes and non-Kubernetes services …and between clusters. Finally users can avoid costly blueprint transformation, and easily connect and manage orchestration platforms and enjoy end-to-end service automation.
Want to learn even more about Cloudify for Kubernetes?