Pre-sales Solution Architect – Cloud and Infrastructure
Location: US-East, US-West
Cloudify is an open source multi-cloud orchestration platform enabling adoption of cloud practices on VMware and OpenStack, as well as managing deployments on AWS, Azure, GCP and Cloud-native architecture. Designed to automate all cloud environments from one access point while leveraging existing toolchain.
We are rapidly growing, and our Sales team’s mission is to help the company realize business value from Cloudify quickly and regularly through a world-class customer experience, in partnership with the Product, Sales, and Customer Service teams.
We’re looking for a dynamic, evangelist and strategic Cloud Engineer Specialist. You will support pre-sales activity, client projects, and contribute to the overall GTM. The ideal candidate will be cloud certified (AWS/Azure/GCP) with numerous project deployments both domestic and international. We’re looking for someone who will be solely responsible for architecting solutions for large scale prospects and clients in the context of their enterprise environment and the broader view of public or private cloud environments. This role requires architecture knowledge, sales engineering excellence, the ability to create Cloud orchestration best practice and standards, and leadership within a global distributed environment.
- Sales Engineering: Along-side Cloudify Sales provide broad expertise in Cloud orchestration architectures and best practices. Will be expected to demonstrate business value and best practice with Cloudify to clients.
- Act as a subject matter expert in end-to-end DevOps operations (Configuration management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Release Engineering, Provisioning, Day-2 automation)
- Developing solutions and planning, creating & delivering compelling proof of concept demonstrations. Ensuring solutions stated in the Statement of Work are best practice and in line with client requirements.
- Exception business and technical acumen. Ability to communicate effectively across client organizations including executives, stakeholders, product, and delivery organizations.
- Trusted Advisor: Adept at building trust with your customer through strategic thought, exceptional execution, and technical depth and expertise.
- Managing the sales bid process by responding to RFI’s & RFP’s.
- Travel is expected for this role: 40% (pre-COVID standard).
- 5+ years of experience to craft and develop Cloud solutions, translating business requirements into scalable, flexible, and secure cloud architectures.
- 4 or more years’ experience in implementing DevOps strategy.
- 4 or more years’ experience using cloud-based hosting solutions (GCP, AWS, Azure, VMware, Openstack).
- Solid experience of containers and container management platform (Kubernetes).
- 5+ years of client management with experience in managing multiple projects, with on-site, onshore and offshore teams.
- 3 +years’ experience integrating automation tools (Jenkins) with configuration management tools (Chef/Puppet/SaltStack/Ansible).
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipeline tools such as Jenkins, GitLab CI, or equivalent.
- Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, or equivalent.
- Familiarity with Cloud monitoring tools (Cloud Watch, Splunk, Application monitoring, etc.).
- Formalized training/ certification on any Cloud platform.
- Knowledge of DevSecOps is preferred.
- Experience with Python programming – advantage
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to drive a Cloud strategy with a customer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or similar degrees.