Cloudify 4.6 Release Notes
Cloudify v4.6 is a minor release focused on upgrade improvements, Ansible & OpenStack plugin enhancements, and an introduction of the Cloudify license.
Starting v4.6, Cloudify Premium customers are required to update their managers with a license key. This does not reflect any change in the Cloudify subscription model, nor does it change any of the customers’ subscription status. It is done to allow Cloudify for better tracking, and to avoid potential abuse of our free trial offering.
All subscribed customers will receive an activation key which can be applied to all deployed managers.
The license can be managed via the CLI, using the new cfy license command, or via the Cloudify management console through the license management option.
About page and console banner changes
The management console contains an About page, sharing information such as the Cloudify version, edition, and status, as well as license details.
Windows agent – run as user
Setting up a Windows agent now allows specifying user credentials, allowing that agent to run as a specific user. This is done using the agent_config user property.
Agents installation improvements
The following improvements were added to the agent installation flow:
- New CLI option to specify a timeout for the agent installation
- No-wait flag – does not wait for agent operation to end to show execution status.
OpenStack V3 plugin
A new OpenStack plugin is now available in the Cloudify catalog, titled OpenStack v3.
OpenStack v3 is based on the OpenStack SDK, unlike the OpenStack plugin (former & existing) which is based on the OpenStack APIs.
Both plugins are available side by side in the catalog. All existing blueprints leveraging OpenStack should continue to use the OpenStack plugin.
OpenStack v3 uses different types and syntax than the OpenStack plugin, hence it is not backward compatible with existing blueprints. Cloudify recommends using OpenStack v3 for all new blueprints and deployments.
A new Ansible plugin is now available in the Cloudify catalog. The Ansible plugin enables you to configure Cloudify resources with Ansible and provides an agentless method for executing operations on remote hosts.
This plugin enables users who provision resources with Cloudify to configure their resources with Ansible. Also, ansible users can bring their existing playbooks into Cloudify blueprints.
Upgrading to v4.6
V4.6 requires a license and does not allow any management functionality prior to license activation.
Upon upgrade to 4.6, after deployment of the 4.6 system, license activation will be required before snapshot restoration. Please make sure that you have your license key available.
Upgrading the Cloudify Management Cluster
When setting up a 4.6 cluster, the license should be submitted once. The join command allowing to add a new manager to an existing cluster will be functional prior to license activation to allow a simple automated cluster scaling.
Fixes and Improvements
- CY-1019 – Windows agents can now run with specific user credentials.
- CY-1130 – Configurable agent installation timeout.
- CY-1056 – When using filters as part of agent deployment, the filters will be applied earlier in the process, thus saving redundant time and resource use.
- CY-1013 – Agent installation use CFY_EXEC_TEMPDIR
- Allow passing custom parameters (from cfy agents install to execution)
- CYBL-710 – When running start/stop, the workflow engine will check the status of the nodes and will automatically skip irrelevant steps rather than fail (e.g. stopping a stopped/deleted entity). This improves retry resilience.
- CY-1056 – Deployment will be considered as “installed” if all computing nodes are started. (Previously the check was done over all nodes)
- Post upgrade (snapshot restore of an earlier version) to v4.5, deployment of restored blueprints failed. This is now resolved.
- Running a large number of concurrent scheduled tasks resulted in some cases in tasks that did not run. This is now resolved.
- The Syncthing module is upgraded to v1.0.1
- Searching for a user in LDAP nested groups is disabled in v4.6.
- CY-1167 – Customer ID is now written to the logs.
- CY-1081 – Resolved issue with amqp-postgres hanging after snapshot restore post DB downgrade.